We recently caught up with the crew from Why Cycles while at the Sedona Mountain Bike Festival. They were super cool and spent some time to go over a few details of their R+ gravel bike. We love their commitment to high quality products, sustainable practices and a clean design.
- Optimized for use with 700x40c tires
- Has clearance for 700x44 or 27.5x2.1” wheels
- Can be ordered with the optional Lauf Grit gravel fork
- Also optional is an internally routed 31.6mm dropper post
- Slightly lower BB drop than similar bikes
- Slightly longer reach, eliminating some toe-overlap
- Wider bars and shorter stems for stability
"The wonder material has so many excellent ride quality attributes: 43% lighter than steel, higher strength-weight ratio than aluminum, significantly more resistant to crash-damage than carbon, and the best vibration damping properties of all three listed here."